It’s here! Well, almost. Spinning starts for Spinzilla 2016 on October 3rd, at 12:01 am, in whatever time zone you are in. So, get your wheel ready, pull out that fiber that you have been saving–the BIG SPIN is ready to start rolling!
To date, Spinzilla spinners have spun over 5.3 million yards of yarn, enough to go from coast to coast of the United States and more. We are now ready to leap across the ocean to Hawaii. Aloha, Baby!
Here are a few reminders before we begin:
- All yarn must be spun during Spinzilla week.
- You can claim yardage credit for plying. See “Can I Ply?” FAQ for details.
- Spinning stops at 11:59 pm on Sunday, October 9th, in whatever time zone you are in.
- Team spinners, you will submit a documentation photo of your yarn and your yardage figure directly to your team captain. Please get this information to your captain as soon as possible after spinning stops. He or she must submit the yarn to us by October 14th.
- Rogue spinners, you will submit your documentation photo and yardage number directly to Spinzilla, by October 14th, via this link. Click here for more info.
- Submit your total yardage in yards and whole numbers, rounding up to the nearest yard.
- For more information about measuring, photographing, and submitting your Spinzilla yarn, read this blog post or visit our FAQ.
Thanks for spinning with us. Let’s go make some handspun noise!