Join a Team
Spinzilla registration will be September 1–30, 2016! Check back here for updates!
Why should you should participate?
- The competition aspect allows spinners to push past their fears. The more yarn you spin, the better spinner you become.
- The underlying goal of Spinzilla is to see how much yarn we as a community can make in a week—we want the world to take notice of handspinning!
- Spinner registration fees are an investment in the makers of tomorrow. They are donated to the NeedleArts Mentoring Program that fosters mentoring between adult volunteers and school age children to teach the needle arts—spinning, weaving, knitting, crochet, and stitching.
- Support small business! Spinzilla teams are hosted by your favorite spinning LYS, retailer, tool maker, and publisher.
Once the registration link is live, you will be able to join any of the registered teams that have an open spot. Each team will have a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 25 participants. The cost to participate in Spinzilla is $10. The proceeds from your registration fee are donated to the NeedleArts Mentoring Program. Keep in mind that you can also spin Rogue if you wish to participate as an individual.
Each team has a Team Captain who will be your main point person during the competition. Once a week during open spinner registration, we will send your team caption their updated team list. The week after you register, your team captain will get in touch with you with more information about your teams goals, events, incentives, and other important information.
Spin time begins at 12:01a.m. Monday, October 3 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 9, regardless of your time zone. You may start spinning as the clock strikes 12:01 in whatever timezone you live in.
After the event is over, spinners will submit a photo of their yarn and their yardage to their team captain. All yarn must be spun during spinzilla by the individuals submitting the yardage.
So Many Ways To Win!
- If you are a member of the winning team, your team will be awarded the coveted Spinzilla trophy, each team member will receive a $25 gift certificate, and bragging rights for an entire year!
- There will also be a prize awarded to the rogue spinner who spun the most yarn and the individual—Rogue or team member— that spins the most yarn.
- All spinners who spins at least a mile (1,760 yards) will be entered in the Monster Mile Club for a special prize drawing.
- Prize winners will also be drawn randomly drawn from the entire pool of participants.
See Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the event.